NOTICE OF BRIEFING SESSION OF
THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN
TOWN OF KERNERSVILLE, N.C.
By order of the Mayor, there shall be a Briefing Session of the Kernersville Board of Aldermen as follows:
Date: May 29, 2013
Time: 3:30 PM
Location: Town Hall Executive Conference Room, 134 E. Mountain Street
Call to order and invocation.
3. Consideration of a Resolution of Intent to Close a Portion of Little John Road. (Packet Item)
4. Briefing on the June 4, Regular Meeting Agenda.
5. Matters to be presented by the Town Manager and Town Attorney.
Dawn H. Morgan, Mayor
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN
TUESDAY, JUNE 4, 2013 AT 7:00 PM
KERNERSVILLE MUNICIPAL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
134 EAST MOUNTAIN STREET
The Board of Aldermen adopted the following policy on December 6, 2011.
The Clerk shall prepare and have available at least one-half hour before each Board of Aldermen meeting, a card for each citizen to sign who wishes to be heard at a Public hearing or upon an agenda item.
When an agenda item is denoted as a Public Hearing, persons attending shall be permitted to address the Board of Aldermen regarding the item under consideration, those speaking in favor speaking first and those against speaking second. Proponents and opponents shall each be given fifteen (15) minutes of time to speak and may choose to allow one speaker to utilize that time or choose to allocate the time among different speakers. In the event that either proponents or opponents have not designated a speaker or speakers to represent that view, the Mayor shall divide the fifteen (15) minutes by the number of speakers wishing to address the Board of Aldermen and each such speaker shall be allowed that given time within which to express his or her comments, ideas, concerns, expressions, and desires. After the opponents speak, the Mayor will allow the proponents five (5) minutes for rebuttal. If the proponents choose to exercise this option, the opponents will also have five (5) minutes for rebuttal. In the event that the proponents do not present a rebuttal then the opponents shall be given no further time to speak.
The Town of Kernersville holds all public meetings in accessible rooms. Any individual with a disability that needs an interpreter or other auxiliary aids or services for this meeting should call 992-0404 (voice) or 993-0196 (TDD) at least 48 hours before the scheduled meeting. Questions concerning agenda items should be directed to the Town Clerk at 992-0404.
2. SPEAKERS FROM THE FLOOR.
3. Presentation of the “Growth and Traffic Data 2012 Annual Report.” (Packet Item)
4. Presentation of Bodenhamer Street Corridor Study. (Packet Item)
5. Consideration of Granting an Easement for Macy Grove Road project. (Packet Item)
6. Consideration of a Contract with John G. Wolfe III, Attorney at Law for Legal Services. (Packet Item)
7. CONSENT AGENDA: All of the following matters are considered to be routine by the Board of Aldermen and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion unless a Board member or citizen so requests, in which event the matter will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered under the following item.
9. SPEAKERS FROM THE FLOOR.
10. TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT AND MISCELLANEOUS.
11. MATTERS TO BE PRESENTED BY THE TOWN ATTORNEY.
12. MATTERS TO BE PRESENTED BY THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN.